1. 25% of the letting fee is payable at the time of booking; this is non-refundable on cancellation by the Hirer. The balance of 75% shall be paid at least 28 days before the date of hiring. Refunds of this balance will only be made as follows:
- 28 days or more notice - all the 75%
- 15-27 days notice - half the 75% balance
- 14 days or less notice - no refund
Cancellation of a booking by the Committee shall result in a refund of all monies paid.
2. Charges may be adjusted at any time. No adjustment will be made within 28 days of the date of hiring for those who have paid in advance.
3. Only accommodation specified at the time of letting is to be used.
4. Furniture and equipment are not to be removed except by arrangement with the Committee.
5. Footwear likely to damage the floors is not to be worn.
6. Alterations to the lighting or heating systems are forbidden.
7. The sale of alcohol is prohibited to private hirers, for whom the licensed services of the HVH Support Group bar are available free of charge. At the discretion of the Committee local regular user organisations may sell alcohol under a Temporary Event Notice obtained from the Local Authority. Plastic 'glasses' must be used. Any bar must close at least 1 hour before the end of the hire period.
8. The conditions of the Premises Licence (a copy of which can be seen on the Village Hall notice board) shall be observed and the Hirer shall be deemed to have had notice of all such conditions.
9. A minimum of six stewards appointed by the Hirer must be on duty at public dances, discos etc. and must be instructed to prevent damage, to assist the Licensee in preventing underage drinking and to follow all fire precautions as displayed on the notice board.
10. The emergency exit lights must be illuminated at all times during events. Please inform the keyholder immediately if these are not switched on at the beginning of the event.
11. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
12. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on, or in relation to, the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
13. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliance brought into the Hall by the Hirer or his/her agent, shall be safe, in good working order and used in a safe manner. High power equipment should be plugged in to the circuit breaker sockets on the west wall of the Main Hall.
14. NO SMOKING is allowed in any part of the building. Smokers are requested to use the bins outside the Hall for cigarette ends.
15. The Hirer must be responsible for supervision of the car park and Hall surrounds to avoid nuisance being caused to other Hall users and to the neighbourhood.
16. Maximum numbers permitted in the main Hall:
And the Hirer undertakes to ensure that these limits will not be exceeded.
17. No accommodation will be let beyond 12.30am (00:30) except by prior permission of the Committee. Stewards or the Hirer are to ensure the premises are vacated promptly.
18. The Hirer, shall, at the end of the period of hiring, leave the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents, temporarily removed from their usual positions, properly replaced. Otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
19. In the event of any damage being caused to the structure, fixtures, fittings or contents of the Hall or to the surroundings, the Hirer shall be responsible for the cost of repair or replacement. The Hirer must notify the booking clerk as soon as possible and record the event in the log book which can be found in the main kitchen.
20. The Committee shall not be liable for injury (including injury leading to death) to persons using the premises and surrounds, nor for damage to or loss of property (including vehicles parked on the car park or in the vicinity of the Hall). Any injury should be recorded in the accident book which is to be found in the main kitchen.
21. Any Hirer, or the agent of any Hirer, operating as a business must hold Public Liability Insurance.
22. The Hirer shall not sub-let the accommodation or any part thereof.
23. The right of entry to the Hall is reserved to any member of the Committee, any agent of the Committee or any Police Officer at any time during the period of hire.
24. The Committee reserves the right to cancel a booking or put a stop to any entertainment or meeting for which it has good cause to believe is not, or will not be, properly conducted. In the event of a cancellation under this clause, the Committee will refund the Hirer any deposit or booking fee already paid but shall not be liable for any other costs whatsoever incurred by either the Hirer or their agents.
25. In the event of the Hall, or any part thereof, being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, due to circumstances beyond their control, the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
26. Property belonging to non-regular and private hirers and ALL LITTER MUST BE REMOVED at the end of the hire.